Saturday, September 18, 2004

I was thinking about the whole universe as a brain thing from a couple days ago. I really don't put much in the idea of a sentience behind the cosmos or least a sentience that we could even remotely comprehend (it would be like trying to smash atoms by banging two rocks together.) Yet I have some faith that universe, and all within it, have a purpose. What if the the universe had a single thought and that thought was the purpose for the 10,000 things between heaven and earth (and those too?)
Still that's installing reason on something that probably transcends the need for rationality. What if the universe is not a unified single thought, but a collective emotion? Music can capture a singular emotion sometimes, so how about if the united vibrations of all matter and all life produces an Aristolean song, the music of the spheres? Could any ephemeral being hear that song, and feel that emotion?
Alright, I confess I'm out on a serious round of conjecture here. So even if there was this emotion, we couldn't feel it, and I render myself moot. Still, it's my conjecture. Taking a wild stab, based on my faith, I'd say that feeling was not singular, but more a complex mood. Something like detached bemusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home