Friday, September 17, 2004

More thoughts from work....

Sitting lobby watch. I feel disturbed by how easily I dismiss those passing by me as mundane. How do I really know? High weirdness abounds. That guy in the ugly yellow shirt? Maybe he's a conspiracy theorist that believes the country is run by the psychic messages from the cryogenically preserved body of Walt Disney. The young woman with the walking cane? She might be here to see a lawyer about suing her former employer, a nut processing plant, after a debilitating accident where a stale filbert locked up a gear which led to a conveyor belt snapping. How about the older black guy with the lilting voice who mutters to himself as he leaves the building? Could have been mentally unsound since his half-Italian and half-Sengalese ex-boyfriend took vengeance by tossing his partner's most beloved iguana in the neighbor's woodchipper. I can't let myself forget that anything really is possible, and I can't take anything at face value. Especially when I believe the when possible, the most absurd happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home