Sunday, September 04, 2005

The water is quieter than I expected for a Sunday morning. The weather is unpromising, but this is Labor Day Sunday. There are boats out, certainly, and a good number of rowers, but I thought it would the nautical equivalent of bumper to bumper traffic here at the mouth of the canal leading to the locks. Maybe it just early. I tend to forget that alot of Americans really do go to church dutifully. I don't mind really. I ate my yogurt on the bench, and enjoyed it. I have to call to make sure the OJ isn't coming here tonight. I think he said it would be tommorrow night, which is what I hope. I'd like to stay another night, even if I miss Sunday dinner. Maybe moreso because I will miss Sunday dinner. I love family dinner, I do, but much of the socialization, especially after dinner, is not something I can join into, and when I am in a mood to be solitary, it's near impossible on the volume-high dinner night. It will be a nice change of pace to have a quiet Sunday night. I guess I will see. Time to walk for some coffee. I should think more on trust issues today. If I'm very brave I will think about what I need to do to free myself from my Jewish identity, which is parallel to my paternal connections. Now for coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home