Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Oh, not the most dynamic relaunch of my blog, is it?

I'm readjusting to the whole notion that work actually involves.. unbelievable as it may seem.. working. This new post is a lot more physically demanding than any I've ever worked. Climbing down 43 flights of stairs, patrolling dozens of large floors, rushing to and fro to assist clients and visitors. And of course, rousting the homeless. The cornerstone of modern security. Not that I'm kvetching. Okay, kvetching that much. It's actually pretty decent. It's nice to be the good kind of tired as compared to the tiredness of searching for work all day and doing nothing else but watch your cash drain from the bank account. I hate to sound like a purveyor of that puerile Protestant work ethic. I'd like to fight for the right to be lazy, but I like eating too much. I might be doing shit work, but it drains the hyper energies out of me, and I'm being paid reasonably for it. I actually pulled the highest paying site in this company's broad downtown contract holdings. And I have the pleasure of knowing that I might have sold out, but that I can still hold my deep dreams of going into some of the law offices in the building and crap on their desks. As I've always said, it is the small things that matter.

So Israeli military lobs a missile at an old Islamic sheik in a wheelchair, makes a total martyr of him, and calls it a victory. I am still pulling for my solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Move all the Jews to Florida, and curse the Arabs with the worst doom. To actually try and hold the Holy Land. It sure worked well for the Assyrians.. the Babylonians... the Greeks... the Romans... the Crusaders.. the British...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home