Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Okay, going to join probably the masses of irate bloggers who are dissecting Shrub's State of the Union.. but I've been waiting for the transcript to come out, hot on the webpresses of the White House...
Okay, actually, I read through it first, and I don't know where to start. Clinton's Union addresses we like watching an ass fart for an hour or longer. Bush's speech is like having that ass come right out the screen and shit on your desk. This was truly a finely crafted, and PR-pleasing crock of utter crap, nearly wholly bereft of a hook into actual American reality, and peppered with promises from the man who hasn't kept a promise to anyone with below a six-figure income since he came into office. He's actually saying we as Americans are all better for how badly his administration has screwed up. It's not frustration and sorrow we feel for being shat on. It's "resolve" and "compassion" we should feel from having such powerful people hopping up and down on our collective spine. Patting on the back for programs that were improperly funded, or made golden eggs for business, and then promises for more programs that will similarly be underfunded, and made golden eggs for business.
Fight and die for me. I'm right. It's all come out good, I promise. It'll least look good. I'll bandy symbolic terms that appeal to you, but my colleagues and I haven't shown we known the meaning off. (Like the winning cartoon ad from moveon.org's contest,) Terrorism. Terrorism. 9-11. 9-11. God bless America. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home