Saturday, January 10, 2004

Looks like I had a very European visitors to my page. I really should add a comments thing. Jim the Younger's Blog got a comment last week from someone in Portugal. He used an online translator and it was something to do with smiles.

I could blame my lack of posts this week on the freak snow here in Seattle, but considering I spent most the snow days sequestered in my room at House Decided, the power of that excuse falls through. It's not like I've never seen snow before. When I lived in the San Bernardino Mountains (yes, right where the big fire was this last year, we had snow. Mind you, it was that dirty smog-seeded foul ice that comes from living just above the pollutant air line. But snow in Seattle, it was at sea level and we got a half a foot. It was so cold, that the window at the head of my bed was emanating cold several inches from the glass and I slept fetally and fully clothed. I built a fire in the fireplace without using a gas starter. I felt so butch. Seriously. Then it rained and I went out to apply for a security job, walking in slush. The closest I ever got to that experience was stepping in a spilled Icee in Houston on a cold December day. Then it rained another couple days and the snow was pretty much all gone. Now it's grey and rainy all the time. A proper Seattle winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home