Sunday, September 04, 2005

Arranged a morning pickup for tommorrow. All that is really left to do now is to read my runes, and see if I can drag some insight from myself with a little hook to my higher intuitive sense. I've enjoyed all this, even if in a way, I am no closer to resolving the question of what to do next, least in the materialistic sense. But then, that may be a point I have yet to fully grasp, that there is no difference between what I do, who I am, and what I believe. I've always been wary of that, since danger does lay this way into narrowness and zealotry, but then I've been acting like a frothing maniac at times when confronted with views outside my own... Crap. Anyways, there's alot to do, but least I feel back on track more. So much of what I believe really focuses on the multi-dimensional nature of human motion, the metaphysical push of experential momentum. I don't know where the money is coming from, but I really want to try yoga now, and after being here, I'd like to learn to row. I get the oddest urges, for a lazy man.

Anyways, I'll leave you with something from the last chapter of the Diamond Sutra, or The Perfection of Wisdom:

"Furthermore, Subhuti, if a fearless bodhisattva filled measureless, infinite worlds with the seven jewels, and gave them as an offering to the tathagatas, the arhans, the fully-enlightened ones, and a noble son or daughter grasped but a single four-line gatha of this teaching on the perfection of wisdom and memorized, discussed, recited, mastered and explained it in detail to others, the body of merit produced by those noble son or daughter as a result would be immeasurably, infinitely greater. And how should they explain it? By not explaining. Thus it is called 'explaining.'

"As a lamp, a cataract, a star in space
an illusion, a dewdrop, a bubble
a dream, a cloud, a flash of lightning
view all created things like this."

All this was spoken by the Buddha to the joy of the elder Subhuti, the monks and nuns, the laymen and laywomen, the bodhisattvas, the devas, humans, asuras and gandharvas of the world all whom were greatly pleased with that the Buddha had said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home