Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Quiet afternoon, especially since I overslept once again and nobody is about. I think J and M are packing downstairs. I'm still adjusting to the notion that other people in the same living space as I have different schedules than me. I'm so used to time matching only my personal reality. Least the "atmosphere" of the house has eased from its can be cut with a spoon surreality. Yet, With J and M getting their apartment and moving as quickly as they can, I'm not sure how much of the base issues that are just being band-aided by their departure have really been dealt with. I'm feeling my lack of personal experience in in-house politics. The only one I've ever politiced with is Alacrity, and him being a cat and all, he always wins any debate. I still feel badly because I know that I did fall into taking sides, stepping behind the Woman, and not being very friendly or positive as I could be to J and M. It's hard to know I have so much to learn yet, when I've spent so much time invested in my belief in how much I know. Damn if I don't feel very Socratic at the moment.

"Knowledge is proud that he has learn’d so much;
Wisdom is humble that he knows no more.
Books are not seldom talismans and spells."
- William Cowper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home