Monday, November 24, 2003

Didn't get much accomplished on my first full weekday, to be honest, but I did plan to take it easy this first week. It's a pragmatic response, since this week is also a holiday week, and Christmas work gets rolling after Turkey Day. Then too, it was so quiet since only the woman and I were in the house with the rest doing their part for the furtherance of wageslavery. Okay, two of us and many cats who like climbing all over me when I'm out of my room. I'm still processing the schism I feel between where I am and how I feel about it. I wonder if it is an expression of emotional shock endowed by the impact of actually carrying out one of my plans for independence. I don't know how many cockeyed plans I created went down in flames before even leaving the earliest stages, and even the handful of best laid schemes didn't get much further along. At a point, I had totally convinced myself that I would keep making plans to keep my sanity, but I wouldn't have the odds of an ice-sphere in Gehenna of actually ever pulling one off. Like I said earlier in this blog, I've wanted this so badly, that now that I have it I am at a loss with what to do with it. I want to stop feeling like I am just visiting, and I should be pondering what I should do when I return to SF.
Not having a TV with cable is probably messing with my schedule the most. I know that I measured my schedule by the TV listings, but here, I'm finding that televison proved to be a tighter means of time control than a clock. I'm ripping through my DVDs as if my day is imcomplete without watching bright and shiny images on the screen. The fun bit, is this is the beginning of awareness of the aritifice I built for living alone under my father's patronage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home