Friday, July 11, 2003

I know now the building I will be guarding ever so dilligently, and I have the monkey suit they want me to wear. But if you can wear a fast food uniform (which I have worn three times,) you can handle a truly hideous tie and a blazer that gives you old-school David Byrne shoulders. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. I get my schedule on Monday and start work on Wednesday. I have the job, and that will give me the funds to possibly radically change my life this year. This places me between elated hope and paralytic fear. Is independence actually within sight, and I'm not in the oxygen tent yet? The mind reels.

"The human tendency prefers familiar horrors to unknown delights." - Fred Woodworth

By the way, an unknown man managed to board a presidential press plane in South Africa and took a free ride to Uganda, carrying no ID or passport. And the pentagon is still looking for a missing 747 that vanished after leaving Uganda (read "stolen.") How safe do you feel tonight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home