Sunday, July 03, 2005

I need to take notes as I go, that's for sure. But I will make a single observation on my first experiment, cannabis and earplugs, combined with being prone in a dark room, produce a ghetto sense deprivation experience. But next time, I need a mild stimulant, so I won't fall asleep. Oh, and then don't get woken up by a 18 pound cat sitting on your chest. Okay, so I'm no John Hurt, but then I'd look really weird as the first Hebrew psychedelic Pillsbury doughboy. But even ten minutes of relative silence can be considered an initial success by how much it rattled me. I'm actually wondering what a vow of silence for say a week would do to me, right now. I'm trying to imagine not hearing my own voice, romancing the language, would be like. As one of Jewish descent, I firmly believe that my head would implode on day five. But I am curious, nonetheless. But I doubt management would be happy the first time I don't direct tell someone where the bathroom is.
But I am thinking I could cull down my words to the bare minimum for a week. I'd still be forced to account for my actions without qualifying them verbally. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home