Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday at the German Tavern, as usual, although this time I am joined by the Indomitable I, whose arrival we are finally celebrating. His settlement is going a much steadier and quicker pace than mine did, and for that I will curse him until my dying breath.

I did write, Jeff, the perfected incestuous and unashamed son-lover of his god, and telepathic masturbator of Neil Young, last time I was here, after a liter or so of beer. And he did write back to answer the battery of questions I laid upon his spiritual battlefield. That and he gave me profound advice on what I should be contemplating the next time I yank my wee willie winkie. Then he told me all would be explained in his next paid insert in the Seattle Stranger. Well, the next issue came out, and all was explained. Unfortunately for Jeff, it was not the explanation he probably expects me to have. He's just another religious zealot. Sad, I kind of wanted him to be a an eccentric thinker with a less rigid spiritual worldview, but his messages to the masses only get more absolutist each month. Not that he's any less fascinating, mind you. He's just fallen to what I consider the deepest flaw of religion, conceit.

It's not so much a conscious conceit, but more a variant on the paths that the human ego takes. It's one of those classic logical fallacies. I am a thinking being, who can have an idea of God, so therefore God must have made me to be the highest expression central to creation, and time and space bend always to that destiny. The end of time is the end of mankind. This is a really small idea of the cosmos, and the higher power, that it is some understandable being/force that is only concerned with the spiritual status of our backwater blue marble. No matter how "alternative" and "new" a belief system presented, if it is hierarchical and purely linear, than I can't find merit in it. If I was less agnostic, I'd definitely be a Deist, with the idea of some distant alien theosophist creator who hasn't interfered with humanity since creation itself. Don't even get me started on the whole messiah concept. I think I will write Jeff again and ask him about this, just to see what reaction it raises. Like God, I'm less interested in what is active, but in the wisdom found in the passive, between the lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home