Thursday, May 05, 2005

I think what took the frosting was on the way out from work, seeing a photo of our beloved President at today's Washington event for the National Day of Prayer. I have been frothing all over all day about my relations with external controls and the similarities with that as a greater American experience, and trying not to be so aggressively negating to religion and the religious. But between the new viciousness of the American evangelical, the materialistic apocalyptic flimflammery of the new megachurches, and now a president who was probably praying that I should find his God or I should hopefully drop dead.... I feel like Dresden before the firebombing... as a gay secular humanist, not enough to scorch me, but they wanna really burn me to beyond ashes. Now, I find out that even though I have been long-term celibate, and free of hard drugs, that the FDA says I can't give sperm to a sperm bank, while a straight sybaritic junkie can drop a wad for a wad all he wants....
What gets me is that all this so that they can believe they are in the right with God and nature... and far as I am concerned, if there is a God... boy, the Almighty would be so pissed. In the strange world of abstract hyperbole, let us imagine the King of Kings stomping about, or fuming on his luminescent gilded throne, and looking down upon all His children. The heavens roil and thunder as He kvetches earnestly, "Oy! Man! Would you believe this? So, here, I give them the gifts of self-awareness, so they can perceive the fullness of My creation, and then I give them free will so that they can experience the fullness of my Creation... and look at the meshugghe humans... they deny the fullness of my creation, say my creations must be flawed, and blame each other for everything not being the way they want it, usually in My name! What do I have to do with anything, already? They got everything they need without Me, since Hello! That was the point! That's it, I'm moving to Alpha Centauri to just work on a sentient species of ferns. Shmucks."
This week alone I've been called indirectly a fool by a born-again quoting Proverbs at me, and not because I deny God, I dare to deny the necessity of God. What narcissistic conceit from Man! Let's not just believe that God created all this for Man alone, but then to concern God with your petty xenophobic bickering with those among you that you are convinced aren't one of you,when you are all God's children! Believe in the infinite love of the Almighty, yet somehow it is only infinite for the ones who believe in the right words and right skin color or gender arrangement? Bah! God's good graces probably shine upon those who leave Him the fuck alone and don't screw with His creation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home