Thursday, November 10, 2005

3 A.M. and I am still awake. And this is just the preparation for my first graveyard shift. It's just so damn odd. I remember when being awake during the day felt entirely wrong, now being up at 3 is as much a chore as being up at 7 A.M. was when I started working days again at the last job. And farther back, there was a time when this was then prime period of my day. It's amazing how fluidly we can define time in our lives, how fluid and elusive it can be to quantify the linear units of our lifespans. Of course, this wonderment will not make changing my schedule back around again suck any less. I just wanted to note this. And just for irony's sake, I am reading a novel about time travel to pass the time until I get to sleep at seven (even though I doubt I will make it past five.)

I did charge up Avram so I could sit on the porch, smoke heavily, and ramble on in this blog. But something called November is getting in the way of that. Never has clearer evidence been shown I would never survive Winter anywhere one state away from the Pacific Coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home