Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I've noted, not without some pride, the Woman has nicked a few axioms I have quoted here for her own blog..... so in that spirit, I turn to a selection of quotes from the Oxford Book of Quotations made some time ago for some more admirable selections. May they be spread.

"My soul, do not seek for immortal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible."
- Pindar

"The world is not a 'prison house,' but a kind of kindergarten, where millions of bewildered infants are trying to spell God with the wrong blocks."
- Edward Arlington Robinson

"If I am not for myself, who is for me? And being for my own self, what am I? If not now, when?"
- Hillel the Elder


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My quotes are still better than your quotes *pffts* More people steal mine.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home