Wednesday, August 03, 2005

On the the dietary front, I am drinking what is going to be my last Coke for some time.. oh Coca-Cola, who I have whored myself for your carbonic acid fizzy goodness. There was a time I lived on superlarge fountain dispensations of you and cigarettes, which explains the whole gastrointestinal acid reflux thing. But, now is the time for sacrifices.. anyways, I did some casual calculations on how much Coke I have consumed over the years. Averaging out was hard, since I'm down to a mere 40 ounces a week or so, as compared to 40-80 a day for most of my 20s. So for the sake of argument, I made it 35 ounces a day, and converting to gallons, that makes for 65 gallons a year. So I added 5 more to be realistic, and scary as it seems, that is only 20 more gallons than the average American. Not including the first 5 years of my life, although I considered if I started on the baby bottle, that means I have consumed approximately (and this pretty low, really) 1750 gallons of Coke. Note, this doesn't include other sodas. Okay, fine, everyone experiments. So I went through my Big Red and Dr. Pepper phase. Everyone does it. I feel hypocritical for my comments lately about methamphetamine users, and I can't understand them since I'm hyperactive. Meanwhile, I drink liquified sugar in a carbonated battery acid base, along with a plethora of other hyper-sugary drinks and snacks, and I'm not addicted to speed? Like putting super-oxygenated fuel into an already over-used jet engine. How can I confront my mental haze unless I confront the addictions I lovingly indulge in to support the neural bank of fog machines?
This feeling is pervasive overall, lately. If thought indeed influences reality, how will I can clarity of life without lucidity of mind, and my immediate gratification addictions will have to be cleared out for that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home