Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Still having alot of problems with speaking thoughts to myself, mostly at work, but day two has shown better results at home. I did nearly have a coronary at work when the LaRoucheites set up a table on the sidewalk in front of my building around lunchtime. Oddly (but Seattle is heavy into the Oddly," Lyndon LaRouche has gathered a local youth brigade who spent many a summer afternoon handing out his arcane pamphlets from a folding table. I never have understood how younger adults have fallen in with such an Old School conspiracy relic, the left-wing's John Birch, considering that LaRouche seems to condemn anything that doesn't come directly from the Golden Age of Athens. But then, the Rev. Moon also takes in new recruits.
I had to tell the LaRoucheites not to cross onto property, and one of them said I should come back on break and talk to him about Lyndon. Vow holding, I just waved him off, but when I went on rove, I was struck with a flush sweat. I twisted in my boots like a junkie who just turned down a fix. Not to confront these guys was probably harder than anything so far. Then again, this is just day two. And if I am this bugged on day two, and at the one place I can talk...

I was thinking all day about this old joke....

A pious man was forced to the roof of his home by a terrible flood, and the water was still rising. When the water reached halfway up his roof, a man in a motorboat came by to take the pious man to safety. "No, No," said the man, "God will save me." Finally the water reached nearly to the top of the roof, and the pious man clung to his chimney. A helicopter flew in and lowered a rescue basket. "No, go on, God will save me," said the pious man. The waters swallowed up the man and he drown. In the afterlife, he angrily went to confront God, "Why didn't You save me?!?" God said, "Well, I sent a boat and a helicopter, didn't I?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home