Friday, August 22, 2003

In yesterday's San Francisco Examiner, once a solid paper, now a tabloid front to justify a backdoor deal to make this a one paper city, Warren Hinckle wrote about a new gay term he found in (I have to quote this) "The pinkish-hued New York Observer." The Observer named Armistead Maupin as a "shmo-sexual." Shmosexuals are "gay men who don't give a fig if they look or act like queers, so confident in the sexuality. It would have to be a New York Yiddish derivative that would be the label that caught up with my brand of homosexuality. Damn, and I was having so much fun being unlabeled in the "family." But then again, I don't give a fig about being gay, because it seemed something less worth being neurotic over than the other dozen issues I had when I came out. Does that make me a meshuggayesexual?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home